Wednesday 11 June 2008

Tiara progress

I have been going on (as I do, lol) about making a tiara for ages. Not sure why, I think it's just an excuse to get out beads and wire. My lovely DH got me a tiara making kit for my birthday .... only he forgot to give it to me until 3 weeks later!!! Anyway, armed with beads, wire and a set of instructions I am on my way. Thought I would share my progress with you

Here is what I have done so far,

The band is prepared.
I've made some pretty sparkly bits can't remember what they were called really but you can see what I mean by the pic.
and I've made 2 flowers. I'm actually quite pleased with these. I'm pleasedest (it is a word, I'm sure it is lol) with the first one though. For some reason the wire doesn't seem to be as tight on the second. Maybe because I managed to break the wire on that one & had to start again made me nervous.





And here is a closer photo of the flower. The flash has caught the bead in the middle & made it disappear in the photo but it is there really and very, very sparkly


5 comments:

Julie Allain said...

You have the patience of a saint!!!

I can't wait to see how it turns out but I know it will be fab

I know why you're making one too............. you got jealous of your gonk

Can't get anything past me ;) xx

The Button Witch said...

Lokking great Strom wtg you

Sian said...

Looking good so far. The flower looks really pretty.

carolann said...

WTG hun looking good well done xxxx

Sadie said...

So delicate...you obviously have masses of patience.