Saturday 18 October 2008

Look at me sew!

It was book week
School had 'dress up day'
DD decided she wanted to go as Alice in wonderland
Alice costumes were either to expensive or I couldn't get them in time
My mum (who sews) was on holiday
I don't sew.

Argh.

I had no option than to make her one.
I bought a blue top
I made a blue skirt. (I 'll just say I'm glad it stayed together & covered her bum all day lol)
I made an apron too & that I will share with you. I am actually quite pleased. It started life as an overshirt ... actually that can't be true can it? It must of had a life before that. But anyway .... I made the patteren up as I went along. I'm sure the sewers amongst you will be shaking the heads in dismay but I'm happy, DD was happy & it covered the skirt

1 comment:

Julie Allain said...

Its FAB Storm

I can't believe we bought our sewing machines at the same time and you're making REAL things while I'm still just sewing lines on the occasional card lol!!