Saturday 18 October 2008

Triomino Snowflakes

'Tis the season to be jolly fa la la la la la la la laaaaaa

I have made a couple of tree decorations.
I stuck some peel offs onto triominos then inked them with Tim Holtz Alcohol inks. I don't have a lot of pennies left for the fancy blender and applicator so I improvised. I used isopropyl alcohol instead of the blending solution. It costs about £10 a litre (35floz) instead of £5 for 2 floz for the Tim Holtz one!!!! My applicator was a mushroom brush covered in clingfilm and felt.
It all did the job.
Once dry I took the peel offs, off & covered in stickles then covered in the diamond glaze, that isn't diamond glaze as it's made by Anitas & I can never remember the name of it.


They don't show up to well on the picture but I tried & tried to take a photo & they are just to glossy. These are scanned & the best I could do. You will just have to use a bit of imagination!

7 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Beautiful but you know I love your dominoes I have enough of them..... oops i still owe you 3 you will get them honestly

I'm trying to figure out what a mushroom brush is?

Storm said...

It's a brush shaped like a mushroom you clean mushrooms with. Or, as in this house it's a brush shaped like a mushroom that decorates the corner of the kitchen draw!

The Button Witch said...

Great decs and good to see you blogging again

Julie Allain said...

lol xx

Fiona said...

Triominoes????? never heard of them - they look fab though - you triomino queen you!

Julie Allain said...

hmmm did you blog recently storm........ my blog says you did but I can't find the post :(

Morti said...

I love your dominoes..... they are so inspiring and it's time a bit the bullet and tried them. Maybe.

In the meantime, I've TAGGED you!!! LOL