Sunday 16 September 2007

Daring Card Makers 'Word' Challenge

Someone tell me why when I don't have a die cutter do I decide to take up a challenge that needs a cut out word. I know I could of used a sticker or something but you know what it is like, once you have an idea in your head its hard to move on.



Heres the challenge:-


This week I dare you to use a Word as the main focal point to your card. It can be a name, a greeting or just a word that inspires you. You can use other text but only one word as a main embellishment. So dig out your dictionaries, die cutters, alphabet stamps, rubons or download a funky font and show us what you can do! The design team have come up with some fabulous creations to inpsire you.



Here is my take on it -

As you know, the 'Santa' is cut by hand. The stitching & writing is my faithful white gel pen & the ribbon is from my lovely little shop

12 comments:

Julie Allain said...

WOW your hand cutting is FAB! This is a lovely card and I think it should go to someone special ;) hint hint :p

Keryn Campbell said...

You are so brave and patient cutting those letters by hand. FAB card.

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card, great cutting

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous card!! Great festive colours.

My Paper World said...

This is so cute, great job on cutting out the letters, and I love the spotty ribbon!

Kathy said...

Great card - I love this

Gillian said...

Oh you tie the best bows..this is Lovely!

Rhi said...

Brilliant, great handcut letters and I love the sentiment. Rhi x

SueH said...

This is so sweet.....can't wait for Christmas!!

Fiona said...

I wish I could cut as professionally as this! What a great card - love the stitching too

Clare said...

Great hand-cutting, the whote stitching looks very effective.

Emma said...

I love this card. The colours are great. Brilliant cutting out too.